Fire at our Todmorden store on 20.07.2022

- Posted By: Phil

Posted in: News

At around 5:15am this morning a fire started in our store room by what we believe to be a fridge that overheated. Thankfully this happened before any staff where in the garden centre and it only spread to our storage and signs office before it was contained by the fire department who arrived very quickly. Thank you to both West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service & Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS) who worked brilliantly to put out the fire before it spread to the main garden centre, we are very grateful for their hard work this morning. Also a big thank you to the our local residents who called the fire department and we’re here to offer a helping hand.
We have been in business 77 years and this fire certainly won’t be the end of us. The question now is what shall we build in its place, to continue to grow our beloved garden centre.

We are open as usual